Customizable AccessAn access control system can be customized to fit the needs of a business. For example, you can restrict access to certain areas to specific employees. A company can also restrict the times employees enter the building, but give 24/7 access to necessary personnel. Systems can also track an employee’s hours by recording when he or she clocks in and out.
Protection From IntrudersAccess control systems make it difficult for unauthorized individuals from entering a space. With the right hardware, including video monitoring, management can monitor a door when an intruder forces it open.
Data SecurityIf you store expensive equipment, sensitive data or financial information on-site, consider installing an access control system. WesTec employees can set up two-factor authentication for added security. With an additional authentication measure, such as a fingerprint scanner or pin code, there is no risk of an intruder entering with a keycard.
Employee SafetyToday’s society becomes more violent with each passing day. In a world where threats could be anywhere, it is important employees feel protected. Door access control guarantees the only individuals in a space are the ones meant to be there. WesTec offers a variety of access control systems from leading manufacturers. To find the perfect access control system for your business, contact WesTec Services’ highly trained personnel.
Local and Network BackupsStoring information on-site is one of the easiest ways to backup data. It can be stored on hard drives, tape drives, or other storage systems connected to a company’s network. Copying files to USB drives or external drives also provide an easily accessible copy of files. However, this should not be the sole method of data backup. Physical disaster, theft and ransomware all pose threats to local backups.
Cloud BackupsCloud backups are quickly being integrated into businesses looking for added protection. This method of data backup allows copies of data to be stored on remote servers and accessed by internet connection. Unlike other methods, the cloud allows for automated backup of data to provide up-to-date copies of files.
Online File StorageSimilar to cloud backup, online file storage stores files on the internet. Sites like Dropbox and Google Drive allow businesses to store and share files off-site. While online file storage works well as an additional backup method, it also comes with limitations. Depending on the files, backup can cost time and bandwidth. The experts at WesTec Services recommend a business keep at least three copies of data in different places and on two different formats for proper data backup. Our team can help protect your data from threats. Contact us to get started.
Response TimeWith businesses relying more on technology than ever before, you need an IT provider who responds quickly and solves your problems. WesTec’s employees pride themselves on being able to fix a problem the first time, saving your company from scheduling multiple return visits for repairs.
SecurityAs an IT provider, WesTec offers its customers safety and security. Networks are protected from viruses and malware. However, if your data becomes compromised or is lost by system failure, human error or natural disaster, WesTec offers data backup and recovery.
Fixed Price GuaranteeCompanies can rest knowing what their bill will be for the services they request. Sometimes an IT provider will quote a business a price, then add hidden fees to the bill. WesTec offers its customers a fixed price guarantee, whether it is for a repair or monthly IT management.
ProactivitySometimes, an IT provider will only provide temporary fixes to a company’s problems. WesTec’s employees work hard to prevent IT issues from occurring. WesTec believes preventative maintenance is a surefire way to increase productivity and save a company money. Ready for a new IT provider? The experts at WesTec Services are ready to help your business reach the next level through technology. Let our employees help determine the best IT management plan for you and create a custom quote tailored to your company’s needs. Contact us today for more information.
Does your computer network consistently give you problems?If you feel like your employees are spending more time resolving problems or waiting for files to load then they are actually working, you’re losing money. Don’t let your problematic network be the source of frustration in the office. A few simple upgrades or a new installation can make the difference between a struggling business and an efficient one.
Do you have issues accessing your computer network remotely?An efficient computer network in your office space is crucial, but being able to access from home or on the move is important, too. Your network shouldn’t be inaccessible or slow just because you aren’t in the office. Make sure whatever upgrades you decide on let you work just as efficiently from home.
Do you have more problems with your computer network than your IT support company can handle?If you answered “yes” to this last question, then not only should you update your network, but you should also consider letting WesTec Communications handle your next network installation. Whether it is sharing media, connecting to other devices on your network, or sharing files, we can make sure your computer network is running at top-speed for your company. WesTec experts can recommend a high-speed computer network and handle all of the installation so you and your business can work efficiently. Our skilled professionals can update your network and take the headache out of installation. Contact us today!
- Maintaining Visibility: Small and medium-sized businesses need to gain as much visibility as possible. Periodic audits provide periodic visibility. When the audit is over, however, and companies shift locations or grow in size, that previous visibility no longer applies. Conducting a continuous telecom audit can fill those gaps.
- Minimal Disruptions: Conventional audits that take place quarterly or annually can be a real inconvenience. They are invasive and often very time-consuming. Performing frequent or continuous audits severely minimizes this inconvenience so employees can maximize their productivity while you still get the information you need.
- Maximum Flexibility: If your telecom audit is continuous, it allows for adaptation. Your business can be more flexible and audits can coincide with other projects. You can also customize and breakdown your reports more easily than traditional audits.
- Getting it Right: Performing a single, periodic audit doesn’t guarantee that your results are accurate. A continuous telecom audit will give you results and information spread out over time. This is a much more accurate depiction of your company’s efficiency.
- Improved security: Cyber-attacks, information theft, hacking. None of those words lead to anything good for your business. Continuous audits can catch these threats in the early stages! You can consistently see what devices are connected to your network, reducing the risk of unwelcomed threats.
- Easy to use: It is a very user-friendly interface with little setup time.
- Cost Effective: A Switchvox phone system costs less than a traditional PBX. It has no additional setup costs, and there is no maintenance cost once it is installed.
- Resourceful: Digium designed Switchvox with business owners in mind. It has a powerful functionality and a full feature set. It fits the needs of any size business by having the ability to be utilized in a virtual capacity.
- You’re in Control: Switchvox is easily managed with the Switchboard and allows business owners the flexibility they need as they use it to keep their office consistently connected.
- Flexibility: With a Switchvox phone system, you aren’t geographically bound to your office as a business owner. You can quickly and easily take calls on your laptop no matter where you are and forward them to your cell phone.
Clear Communication with Jargon-Free TermsTechnology jargon can be confusing for anyone with little to no expertise in the field. Therefore, your IT support should be able to communicate effectively with terms that are easy to understand – this means jargon-free communication. Your support system should provide explanations and solutions in simple terms, so there is less confusion and more productivity.
FlexibilityEvery business is different and so are their needs. Therefore, your support system should be flexible and develop an understanding of how your business operates and what kind of support it requires. Support systems should be personalized to suit your needs! Furthermore, when changes arise, your system should be flexible enough to adapt.
System ReliabilityIt is important to ensure your support system is reliable. The unexpected happens, but your support system should serve as an aid and increase productivity – it should not result in inefficiencies. When choosing a support system, take a look at their track record and proceed with caution. WesTec Services has been boosting productivity and profits since 1997. WesTec Services offers a variety of support services, including Managed Services and Consulting. The services we provide are flexible and convenient. We take the guesswork out of technology, so you can focus on your business objectives. Contact us today for reliable support systems!
Approximately 97 percent of technology problems that are experienced in a business setting can be easily and inexpensively fixed with regular and proactive maintenance.
Regular computer network maintenance can address a specific bug or flaw, improve an application’s stability or fix a security vulnerability. In addition, spyware, failing hard drives, out-of-date security patches and system backups are typically proactively addressed.
Here’s what consistent network health check audits can provide for a business of any size:
- Avoid costly glitches
- Avoid business downtime
- Prevent irreplaceable data loss
- Keep technology up-to-date
- Maintain stable connectivity
- Reduce the number of cyberattacks
- Obtain a competitive edge
- Remain safe from malware, and other threat
After our thorough audits, our highly trained team will provide the business with a detailed report that will reveal vulnerable areas, as well as provide professional recommendations on how to resolve the issues.
To promote day-to-day business growth, call WesTec to receive a network health check audit today.