- Maintaining Visibility: Small and medium-sized businesses need to gain as much visibility as possible. Periodic audits provide periodic visibility. When the audit is over, however, and companies shift locations or grow in size, that previous visibility no longer applies. Conducting a continuous telecom audit can fill those gaps.
- Minimal Disruptions: Conventional audits that take place quarterly or annually can be a real inconvenience. They are invasive and often very time-consuming. Performing frequent or continuous audits severely minimizes this inconvenience so employees can maximize their productivity while you still get the information you need.
- Maximum Flexibility: If your telecom audit is continuous, it allows for adaptation. Your business can be more flexible and audits can coincide with other projects. You can also customize and breakdown your reports more easily than traditional audits.
- Getting it Right: Performing a single, periodic audit doesn’t guarantee that your results are accurate. A continuous telecom audit will give you results and information spread out over time. This is a much more accurate depiction of your company’s efficiency.
- Improved security: Cyber-attacks, information theft, hacking. None of those words lead to anything good for your business. Continuous audits can catch these threats in the early stages! You can consistently see what devices are connected to your network, reducing the risk of unwelcomed threats.
- Easy to use: It is a very user-friendly interface with little setup time.
- Cost Effective: A Switchvox phone system costs less than a traditional PBX. It has no additional setup costs, and there is no maintenance cost once it is installed.
- Resourceful: Digium designed Switchvox with business owners in mind. It has a powerful functionality and a full feature set. It fits the needs of any size business by having the ability to be utilized in a virtual capacity.
- You’re in Control: Switchvox is easily managed with the Switchboard and allows business owners the flexibility they need as they use it to keep their office consistently connected.
- Flexibility: With a Switchvox phone system, you aren’t geographically bound to your office as a business owner. You can quickly and easily take calls on your laptop no matter where you are and forward them to your cell phone.
Clear Communication with Jargon-Free TermsTechnology jargon can be confusing for anyone with little to no expertise in the field. Therefore, your IT support should be able to communicate effectively with terms that are easy to understand – this means jargon-free communication. Your support system should provide explanations and solutions in simple terms, so there is less confusion and more productivity.
FlexibilityEvery business is different and so are their needs. Therefore, your support system should be flexible and develop an understanding of how your business operates and what kind of support it requires. Support systems should be personalized to suit your needs! Furthermore, when changes arise, your system should be flexible enough to adapt.
System ReliabilityIt is important to ensure your support system is reliable. The unexpected happens, but your support system should serve as an aid and increase productivity – it should not result in inefficiencies. When choosing a support system, take a look at their track record and proceed with caution. WesTec Services has been boosting productivity and profits since 1997. WesTec Services offers a variety of support services, including Managed Services and Consulting. The services we provide are flexible and convenient. We take the guesswork out of technology, so you can focus on your business objectives. Contact us today for reliable support systems!
Approximately 97 percent of technology problems that are experienced in a business setting can be easily and inexpensively fixed with regular and proactive maintenance.
Regular computer network maintenance can address a specific bug or flaw, improve an application’s stability or fix a security vulnerability. In addition, spyware, failing hard drives, out-of-date security patches and system backups are typically proactively addressed.
Here’s what consistent network health check audits can provide for a business of any size:
- Avoid costly glitches
- Avoid business downtime
- Prevent irreplaceable data loss
- Keep technology up-to-date
- Maintain stable connectivity
- Reduce the number of cyberattacks
- Obtain a competitive edge
- Remain safe from malware, and other threat
After our thorough audits, our highly trained team will provide the business with a detailed report that will reveal vulnerable areas, as well as provide professional recommendations on how to resolve the issues.
To promote day-to-day business growth, call WesTec to receive a network health check audit today.
Malware appears in many forms, such as viruses, phishing, trojans, worms, ransomware, and more. This infectious software is often transmitted via email.
Malware infection can vary in severity and its ability to spread. For instance, you may acquire a virus or worm via an infected email attachment. This virus or worm could affect minor IT functions or even result in total system failure – there is no way of knowing what the malware is capable of once you have acquired it.
Infection of any type can disrupt operations, compromise confidential information, slow performance speeds, result in frequent freezing or crashing, allow unauthorized access to the system, and more. Therefore, these disturbances can be detrimental to a business. The loss of system functionality can affect productivity, which could result in an even greater loss for business.
At WesTec Services, we strive to educate our customers on system security. With our IT Consulting and Managed Services, your company can have peace of mind and focus more on your business objectives. Our experts are industry certified and will work with you to set clear goals, objectives, and scope. Our services are cost-efficient and provide flexibility, so you can worry less and focus more on growing your business.
Contact us today!
Purchase Anti-Virus Software and Update it FrequentlyUtilizing anti-virus software is one of the most basic ways to prevent your system from becoming infected. Most computers come with a one-year software subscription, but leave you unprotected once your subscription has expired. Paying a yearly subscription may seem like a hassle, but you may be paying the ultimate price if you remain unprotected.
Update Your Operating SystemOperating systems require updates on a regular basis. These updates typically contain security software patches that will bridge the gap where your system’s security is lacking. Don’t allow a virus to slip through the cracks!
Perform Regular Data BackupsIn the event that your computer does become infected with a virus, you are at risk of losing important data. This is why you should routinely perform data backups. Securing your data on an external hard drive or other archive will ensure you never fall victim to unexpected data loss as the result of a virus.
Avoid Downloading Unsolicited FilesIt is not uncommon for a system to become infected due to human error, so you should be aware of what files you are downloading and viewing. Viruses often come in the form of spam emails that contain infected files. Therefore, it is crucial that you avoid downloading unsolicited files, especially if you do not recognize the sender.
Secure Your Wi-FiUnprotected wireless networks are the easiest platforms through which to access data and files. Therefore, to prevent your system from being hacked, you should secure your wireless internet. Password-protected networks prevent external access and ensure your information remains confidential. WesTec Services offers a variety of IT services, such as IT Consulting and Managed Services to ensure your company never falls victim to system failure due to infection. Our IT professionals strive to provide you relief from the challenges of day-to-day IT functions, so you can focus on your business objectives. To learn more about our IT services, contact us today.
In today’s workforce, mobile usage, employee mobility and remote workers are common. Therefore, it is important that businesses adopt mobile technology to meet the teetering needs and demands of the market.
Accessibility – With the use of mobile technology within a business, the full power of a business phone system is readily available to the mobile user. Whether sitting in a physical office or working from a home office, the worker has the ability to be reached by a customer or coworker if needed.
Accountability – Although mobile technology has posed issues for businesses in the past, improvements have been made. By running a business phone application on the mobile device and enforcing a business usage protocol, call records become available to the business manager for accountability purposes.
Transitions – If a worker needs to leave the office at a certain time and is currently on a call with a customer, mobile technology allows a seamless transition. With mobile technology, a worker can press a button on the office phone to transfer the call to mobile without the customer even noticing.
Mobile technology has transformed the business world with its ability to interact seamlessly with customers and employees in a full-featured and professional manner.
WesTec Services offers all-in-one business communication systems that are aimed to maintain a proactive posture and market flexibility to take advantage of rapidly changing technology.
At WesTec, we deliver reliable mobile technology for businesses who strive to maintain high ethical standards and produce high-quality products while promoting a healthy work environment.
To learn more about our business phone systems that deliver advanced operating performance through seamless integration, contact us today.
- Protect Assets – As a business, valuable assets include the property itself, equipment, and private information. Businesses with security systems intact are less likely to have theft take place than those with none.
- Detect Criminal Behavior – With cameras, crime is less likely to occur because most criminals are deterred by security. However, if in the case it doesn’t, criminals can be caught sooner and are more likely to be identified with cameras in place.
- Preventative Measures – CCTV systems include access control systems and intruder alarm systems to alert authorities of suspicious activity. If a criminal appears at a business and notices cameras, it could prevent the crime from occurring altogether.
- Save on Insurance – If businesses invest in security systems for their property, they may be qualified to receive insurance discounts depending on their provider.
- Safeguard Staff – A business owner has the responsibility of protecting all work personnel. Installing high-tech cameras on the property can reduce liability risks and allow employees to feel comfortable and safe in the workplace.