Approximately 97 percent of technology problems that are experienced in a business setting can be easily and inexpensively fixed with regular and proactive maintenance.
Regular computer network maintenance can address a specific bug or flaw, improve an application’s stability or fix a security vulnerability. In addition, spyware, failing hard drives, out-of-date security patches and system backups are typically proactively addressed.
Here’s what consistent network health check audits can provide for a business of any size:
- Avoid costly glitches
- Avoid business downtime
- Prevent irreplaceable data loss
- Keep technology up-to-date
- Maintain stable connectivity
- Reduce the number of cyberattacks
- Obtain a competitive edge
- Remain safe from malware, and other threat
After our thorough audits, our highly trained team will provide the business with a detailed report that will reveal vulnerable areas, as well as provide professional recommendations on how to resolve the issues.
To promote day-to-day business growth, call WesTec to receive a network health check audit today.
Malware appears in many forms, such as viruses, phishing, trojans, worms, ransomware, and more. This infectious software is often transmitted via email.
Malware infection can vary in severity and its ability to spread. For instance, you may acquire a virus or worm via an infected email attachment. This virus or worm could affect minor IT functions or even result in total system failure – there is no way of knowing what the malware is capable of once you have acquired it.
Infection of any type can disrupt operations, compromise confidential information, slow performance speeds, result in frequent freezing or crashing, allow unauthorized access to the system, and more. Therefore, these disturbances can be detrimental to a business. The loss of system functionality can affect productivity, which could result in an even greater loss for business.
At WesTec Services, we strive to educate our customers on system security. With our IT Consulting and Managed Services, your company can have peace of mind and focus more on your business objectives. Our experts are industry certified and will work with you to set clear goals, objectives, and scope. Our services are cost-efficient and provide flexibility, so you can worry less and focus more on growing your business.
Contact us today!
Purchase Anti-Virus Software and Update it FrequentlyUtilizing anti-virus software is one of the most basic ways to prevent your system from becoming infected. Most computers come with a one-year software subscription, but leave you unprotected once your subscription has expired. Paying a yearly subscription may seem like a hassle, but you may be paying the ultimate price if you remain unprotected.
Update Your Operating SystemOperating systems require updates on a regular basis. These updates typically contain security software patches that will bridge the gap where your system’s security is lacking. Don’t allow a virus to slip through the cracks!
Perform Regular Data BackupsIn the event that your computer does become infected with a virus, you are at risk of losing important data. This is why you should routinely perform data backups. Securing your data on an external hard drive or other archive will ensure you never fall victim to unexpected data loss as the result of a virus.
Avoid Downloading Unsolicited FilesIt is not uncommon for a system to become infected due to human error, so you should be aware of what files you are downloading and viewing. Viruses often come in the form of spam emails that contain infected files. Therefore, it is crucial that you avoid downloading unsolicited files, especially if you do not recognize the sender.
Secure Your Wi-FiUnprotected wireless networks are the easiest platforms through which to access data and files. Therefore, to prevent your system from being hacked, you should secure your wireless internet. Password-protected networks prevent external access and ensure your information remains confidential. WesTec Services offers a variety of IT services, such as IT Consulting and Managed Services to ensure your company never falls victim to system failure due to infection. Our IT professionals strive to provide you relief from the challenges of day-to-day IT functions, so you can focus on your business objectives. To learn more about our IT services, contact us today.
In today’s workforce, mobile usage, employee mobility and remote workers are common. Therefore, it is important that businesses adopt mobile technology to meet the teetering needs and demands of the market.
Accessibility – With the use of mobile technology within a business, the full power of a business phone system is readily available to the mobile user. Whether sitting in a physical office or working from a home office, the worker has the ability to be reached by a customer or coworker if needed.
Accountability – Although mobile technology has posed issues for businesses in the past, improvements have been made. By running a business phone application on the mobile device and enforcing a business usage protocol, call records become available to the business manager for accountability purposes.
Transitions – If a worker needs to leave the office at a certain time and is currently on a call with a customer, mobile technology allows a seamless transition. With mobile technology, a worker can press a button on the office phone to transfer the call to mobile without the customer even noticing.
Mobile technology has transformed the business world with its ability to interact seamlessly with customers and employees in a full-featured and professional manner.
WesTec Services offers all-in-one business communication systems that are aimed to maintain a proactive posture and market flexibility to take advantage of rapidly changing technology.
At WesTec, we deliver reliable mobile technology for businesses who strive to maintain high ethical standards and produce high-quality products while promoting a healthy work environment.
To learn more about our business phone systems that deliver advanced operating performance through seamless integration, contact us today.
- Protect Assets – As a business, valuable assets include the property itself, equipment, and private information. Businesses with security systems intact are less likely to have theft take place than those with none.
- Detect Criminal Behavior – With cameras, crime is less likely to occur because most criminals are deterred by security. However, if in the case it doesn’t, criminals can be caught sooner and are more likely to be identified with cameras in place.
- Preventative Measures – CCTV systems include access control systems and intruder alarm systems to alert authorities of suspicious activity. If a criminal appears at a business and notices cameras, it could prevent the crime from occurring altogether.
- Save on Insurance – If businesses invest in security systems for their property, they may be qualified to receive insurance discounts depending on their provider.
- Safeguard Staff – A business owner has the responsibility of protecting all work personnel. Installing high-tech cameras on the property can reduce liability risks and allow employees to feel comfortable and safe in the workplace.
If you’re searching for ways to cut costs within your business, telecommunication audits are an easy, accurate way to discover what business practices are working and which ones are not. Telecom audits could potentially save your company thousands of dollars each year. Here a few benefits of implementing telecom audits:
• Increase efficiency. Telecom auditing systems can provide advanced and customized reporting of current phone system services. Utilizing this innovative tactic, any problems with the telecom infrastructure can be brought to the surface–allowing productive time for immediate equipment fix or elimination.
• Save time. The use of telecom auditing systems can provide highly itemized and detailed reports for any department. Having quick access to accurate data of system conditions and employee performances saves wasted time for determining what changes need to be made–also, company down time can be prevented if equipment needs to be upgraded.
• Find savings. Telecom audits can identify areas of wireless overspend throughout the entire company. If a company is dishing out extra expenses for mishandling of communication equipment, audits can identify billing errors or other unauthorized charges. By acquiring more data, necessary changes can be made to cut expenses.
WesTec provides telecommunications audits of a business’ current phone service provider. Our IT specialists will review and analyze the existing telecom services and provide recommendations and methods to reduce overall costs and maximize value and profitability. At WesTec, we offer thorough knowledge of available carriers and services provided–ultimately providing a true turnkey solution for efficient and strategic business practices.
Contact us today to optimize your business telecommunication systems!
Outsourcing IT consulting services can help increase significant efficiency in a business–ultimately translating into reduced business costs. Learn how hiring a professional IT consulting service can aid a business of any size:
• Reduced spending. When IT professionals come into a business, they are not there to make sales. Instead, these experts are there to evaluate the way a business is run and provide consulting and solutions for improvements. IT consulting services are a smart alternative to hiring an in-house team and repairing costly systems malfunctions later.
• Increase focus on core business. Outsourcing IT professionals for IT consulting services allows business management to focus on core competencies and business development, rather than putting attention on technology issues. IT companies offer enhanced consulting and support that go beyond what internal operations could provide–saving wasted time on operational issues.
• Access to experts and latest technology. IT companies ensure their employees are trained and certified in the technologies they support, so businesses can be confident the right technology decisions are being made–ultimately reducing all-around risk. Receiving thorough IT consulting services offers access to the latest technology and support from a team that are true experts in the area.
Possessing qualifiable experience, WesTec Services offers innovative strategic business planning expertise for all technology and management systems within a company. Whether a startup or well-seasoned company, we strive to accurately assess a company’s business system with their vision, goals and plans in mind.
Our IT experts will provide a comprehensive business technology road map for seamless implementation aimed to enhance overall business operations and profitability. Contact WesTec today to sustain successful growth in today’s fast paced business climate.
A good broadband connection to a home or office complex means there’s greater capacity to send and receive data–which is highly important within commercial settings. With broadband, users can access the Internet with ease, browse the web more efficiency and download files faster.
Here are other benefits implementing broadband connection may offer:
• It is persistently ‘on’. With this connectivity, there is no wait-time for dial-up connectivity. Avoiding this down time allows for increased productivity in the workplace.
• It complies with media rich websites. Many websites today are media rich with interactive graphics and audio and video streaming abilities. These website elements were designed to be used via broadband for enhanced website experience.
• Working remotely is an option. With increased attendance flexibility at the office, high speed connectivity allows access to links to internal computers and telephone networks–offering the office facilities in the comfort of a home.
• It offers shared access. With the high-speed connectivity this connectivity offers, the connection can easily be shared amongst several PCs or other devices throughout a home or office. Most routers have wireless connectivity–allowing usage for computers, mobile phones and tablets.
• It is cost-efficient. Because broadband typically is offered at a fixed price, a company can budget effectively for their Internet connectivity–ultimately reducing overall operational costs.
For Houston telecom services, WesTec Services is the company to call. The IT experts at WesTec know the importance of the integral relationship between computers and telecommunications. At WesTec, we are a one-stop-source of all IT needs–guaranteeing high performance business broadband services.
Call our professionals today!