Backup Disaster/RecoverySystem failure can occur for a variety of reasons, such as virus infection, human error, and natural disaster. Regardless, system failure occurs without warning and could easily put you out of business if you are not prepared. Therefore, it is crucial you implement some sort of backup and data recovery software to protect your network. If you store important or confidential files on your computers, you simply cannot afford to be without backup and data recovery.
Access Control SystemsAnother way to protect your business against security threats would be to implement an access control system. With access control systems, facility owners may install security technology such as ID key entries and finger-printing scanners in order to track who enters the building. This technology can also record the time and date guests arrive and leave.
CCTV or IP Security SystemVideo surveillance is another great solution for businesses looking to increase security efforts, especially when paired with access control systems. Installing cameras at key entrances and exits will allow a facility owner to better monitor who enters the building. Unlike backup disaster/recovery, access control systems and CCTV protect against external security threats. Why wait until you need a solution in order to implement preventative measures? Most IT consultants simply react to problems instead of looking for ways to prevent them from happening in the first place. At WesTec Services, we believe prevention is better than a cure; prevention is key to maintaining productivity and cash flow. Protect your assets – call WesTec Services and schedule a meeting with one of our IT professionals to discuss what security solutions are best suited for your business!
If your business is facing network challenges, such as network glitches and breakdowns, or accessing your network from home or on-the-go, it may be time to consider implementing a wireless internet network. Here a few advantages of installing a wireless network for your business:
Wireless internet allow users to access network resources from nearly any convenient location within their primary networking environments, such as a home or office. With the increasing saturation of laptops and smart phones, this is particularly relevant.
Wireless internet networks allow users to access the web even outside of their normal work environment. Most coffee shops or restaurants offer their customers a wireless connection to the internet at little or no cost.
When users can connect to a wireless network, they are able to maintain connectivity to their desired network as they move from place to place. For a business, employees can become more productive because work can be completed from nearly any location.
Wireless networks can serve a suddenly-increased number of users with the existing equipment. On the other hand, in a wired network, additional clients would require additional wiring.
Although cost is difficult to quantify, there is a cost to constant computer glitches. Also, failure to access a wireless network on-the-go can keep projects from meeting their deadlines, ultimately causing company downtime.
If your business is ready to make the switch to wireless internet networking, call the experts at WesTec today, or read more about our network installation services.
A good broadband connection to a home or office complex means there’s greater capacity to send and receive data–which is highly important within commercial settings. With broadband, users can access the Internet with ease, browse the web more efficiency and download files faster.
Here are other benefits implementing broadband connection may offer:
• It is persistently ‘on’. With this connectivity, there is no wait-time for dial-up connectivity. Avoiding this down time allows for increased productivity in the workplace.
• It complies with media rich websites. Many websites today are media rich with interactive graphics and audio and video streaming abilities. These website elements were designed to be used via broadband for enhanced website experience.
• Working remotely is an option. With increased attendance flexibility at the office, high speed connectivity allows access to links to internal computers and telephone networks–offering the office facilities in the comfort of a home.
• It offers shared access. With the high-speed connectivity this connectivity offers, the connection can easily be shared amongst several PCs or other devices throughout a home or office. Most routers have wireless connectivity–allowing usage for computers, mobile phones and tablets.
• It is cost-efficient. Because broadband typically is offered at a fixed price, a company can budget effectively for their Internet connectivity–ultimately reducing overall operational costs.
For Houston telecom services, WesTec Services is the company to call. The IT experts at WesTec know the importance of the integral relationship between computers and telecommunications. At WesTec, we are a one-stop-source of all IT needs–guaranteeing high performance business broadband services.
Call our professionals today!