Posts Tagged ‘business’
Keep it cool
Computers are complex electrical devices that hate to get overheated. The most common cause of overheating in your PC is dust accumulation inside the case, resulting in a slow-running, stopping and starting, and even a failed processor. To avoid overheating, locate and use your PC on a desk or other hard surface, as blankets or pillows block the cooling vents on the underside of the case.
Keep it secure
Passwords are important to keep malicious intrusion out of your wireless network, keep documents on your PC secure, and for use on internet sites where payments may be required. A strong password uses at least eight characters that combine upper and lower case letters, numerals, and punctuation marks. It is advised to avoid the use of personal information in your passwords and to not use the same password for every account you have.
Keep it backed up
Due either to your hard drive wearing out or due to software corruption, you may need to replace your PC or hard drive in the future. To preserve personal or business-related data, is it important to keep a current backup of it on a separate device (with an external hard drive) or with a Cloud-based service. If you don’t have a lot of data, flash drives will work well. Backups can be configured to occur automatically.
Whether you need backup disaster or recovery services, a network installation, or IT consulting, the experts at WesTec have you and your PC covered. For reliable IT managed services, give us a call today.
1. Adoption of IT Best Practices – Many business owners handle several tasks daily. Since startup businesses are still at their formative stage, all hands are typically on deck. Because of this, business owners won’t have the time to learn about the current IT best practices. Hiring an IT consulting company allows the best IT practices to be implemented while you focus on getting your business started.
2. Less Downtime – New businesses need every minute of operational time to maximize productivity. Whenever there is an IT issue, that is potentially costing the business money. However, hiring an IT consulting company can help your business quickly identify and fix the issue. Additionally, consultants can provide and develop monitoring protocols to help prevent and reduce future incidences.
3. Security and Compliance – Are you familiar with the data compliance laws in your industry? Do you know the security protocols you need when running your IT infrastructure? If not, hiring an IT consulting company can help you find the answers you need. In addition, IT consultants can help you identify your security weak spots and help design technical protocols that help deter unwanted actors.
4. Seamless Transitions – When it’s time to covert to new technology tools or a new IT system, you may not be too sure how your business will adapt. IT consultants can provide a smoother transition when making the switch. This will help your business avoid potential disruptions in operations and allow you to focus on your business and less on its technology.
If you’re seeking comprehensive, customized IT consulting services for your startup business, give the experts at WesTec a call today. Learn more about our IT consulting services.
If your business is facing network challenges, such as network glitches and breakdowns, or accessing your network from home or on-the-go, it may be time to consider implementing a wireless internet network. Here a few advantages of installing a wireless network for your business:
Wireless internet allow users to access network resources from nearly any convenient location within their primary networking environments, such as a home or office. With the increasing saturation of laptops and smart phones, this is particularly relevant.
Wireless internet networks allow users to access the web even outside of their normal work environment. Most coffee shops or restaurants offer their customers a wireless connection to the internet at little or no cost.
When users can connect to a wireless network, they are able to maintain connectivity to their desired network as they move from place to place. For a business, employees can become more productive because work can be completed from nearly any location.
Wireless networks can serve a suddenly-increased number of users with the existing equipment. On the other hand, in a wired network, additional clients would require additional wiring.
Although cost is difficult to quantify, there is a cost to constant computer glitches. Also, failure to access a wireless network on-the-go can keep projects from meeting their deadlines, ultimately causing company downtime.
If your business is ready to make the switch to wireless internet networking, call the experts at WesTec today, or read more about our network installation services.
Up-To-Date EquipmentWith every new model tech companies release, your current equipment set-up becomes irrelevant. When you lease IT, you can upgrade to whatever is newer, faster and cheaper when you finish your equipment contract. If your business relies on having the latest equipment, leasing is the most affordable option.
Predictable ExpensesWesTec offers its customers a fixed-price guarantee without surprises and hidden fees. Leasing IT equipment allows you to know your set monthly expense, giving you a firmer grasp on your budget.
Tax IncentivesWhen you lease IT equipment, you qualify for tax credits. Under Section 179 of the IRS tax code, leasing is often entirely tax-deductible. This means a company can possibly deduct up to 100% of their leasing expenses, pending qualification.
Keep Up with CompetitorsLeasing can give a company access to technology that might be out of reach otherwise. In competitive markets, new or advanced equipment might give you the upper hand against competitors. Let WesTec take your business to the next level with our IT services. Contact us to learn more about how you can get the latest IT equipment for an affordable price.
What is Managed IT Service?Managed IT service allows a company to pay a fixed monthly rate for IT services and equipment. With a fixed monthly rate, customers benefit from automatic software updates, regular equipment upgrades and relief from the day-to-day IT frustrations. Partnering with WesTec gives a company flexibility to set clear goals and objectives.
What’s Included?WesTec Services offers two plans with fixed fees for network management solutions. With WesTec Guardian Professional, companies receive network management and basic IT needs based on their current network infrastructure. With this program, businesses also benefit from discounted on-site support rates. WesTec Guardian All Covered provides our clients with maintenance, network management and technical support needs all in one fixed monthly rate. This ensures a company’s network is running efficiently without hourly rates.
Why Your Business Needs to Outsource ITIn today’s society, technology is crucial for a company to thrive in a competitive market. Because of this, businesses can not wait until something is broken to fix it. Managed IT service changes the way companies are looking at technology. Instead of embracing the old fix-it mentality, IT companies can manage a company’s IT and prevent any issues that might disrupt employees or clients. Let WesTec Services manage your IT and keep your company on its toes. Our managed IT services reduce the cost of replacing new equipment and keep you from paying hourly rates when your network fails by offering all-inclusive, fixed rates. Contact us to learn more about managed IT today.
What is Included in the Cost?First, determine what is included in your bill. Some providers claim to offer all-inclusive deals but sneak in hidden costs. Be sure to ask the potential IT provider questions about their services, prices and how you will be billed. This will keep you from receiving unexpected charges in the future.
Are You Compatible?When choosing an IT provider, it is important your company is compatible with theirs. Make sure their platforms and technology help your business. Keep in mind the goals and changes you hope to make to your business in the future. By establishing goals for your company in advance, you lessen the risk of having to break a contract with an IT provider later if they can no longer support your growth.
How are Passwords Protected?Knowing how an IT provider saves passwords can easily help you determine if they are a good fit for your company. Ask potential providers how they handle passwords internally. Since IT companies are easy targets for hackers, making sure a provider has complete protocols for keeping passwords and data secure is crucial.
How do They Train Employees?Make sure potential providers regularly train their employees. Their job is to protect your information and they should know how to avoid phishing or other security breaches. A good IT provider understands the importance of your business and protecting its information. Make sure potential providers have similar goals to your business. WesTec Services strives to serve all clients with a servant’s heart to ensure their goals are met. Contact us today to discuss how we can benefit your company.
- Maintaining Visibility: Small and medium-sized businesses need to gain as much visibility as possible. Periodic audits provide periodic visibility. When the audit is over, however, and companies shift locations or grow in size, that previous visibility no longer applies. Conducting a continuous telecom audit can fill those gaps.
- Minimal Disruptions: Conventional audits that take place quarterly or annually can be a real inconvenience. They are invasive and often very time-consuming. Performing frequent or continuous audits severely minimizes this inconvenience so employees can maximize their productivity while you still get the information you need.
- Maximum Flexibility: If your telecom audit is continuous, it allows for adaptation. Your business can be more flexible and audits can coincide with other projects. You can also customize and breakdown your reports more easily than traditional audits.
- Getting it Right: Performing a single, periodic audit doesn’t guarantee that your results are accurate. A continuous telecom audit will give you results and information spread out over time. This is a much more accurate depiction of your company’s efficiency.
- Improved security: Cyber-attacks, information theft, hacking. None of those words lead to anything good for your business. Continuous audits can catch these threats in the early stages! You can consistently see what devices are connected to your network, reducing the risk of unwelcomed threats.
In today’s workforce, mobile usage, employee mobility and remote workers are common. Therefore, it is important that businesses adopt mobile technology to meet the teetering needs and demands of the market.
Accessibility – With the use of mobile technology within a business, the full power of a business phone system is readily available to the mobile user. Whether sitting in a physical office or working from a home office, the worker has the ability to be reached by a customer or coworker if needed.
Accountability – Although mobile technology has posed issues for businesses in the past, improvements have been made. By running a business phone application on the mobile device and enforcing a business usage protocol, call records become available to the business manager for accountability purposes.
Transitions – If a worker needs to leave the office at a certain time and is currently on a call with a customer, mobile technology allows a seamless transition. With mobile technology, a worker can press a button on the office phone to transfer the call to mobile without the customer even noticing.
Mobile technology has transformed the business world with its ability to interact seamlessly with customers and employees in a full-featured and professional manner.
WesTec Services offers all-in-one business communication systems that are aimed to maintain a proactive posture and market flexibility to take advantage of rapidly changing technology.
At WesTec, we deliver reliable mobile technology for businesses who strive to maintain high ethical standards and produce high-quality products while promoting a healthy work environment.
To learn more about our business phone systems that deliver advanced operating performance through seamless integration, contact us today.
- Protect Assets – As a business, valuable assets include the property itself, equipment, and private information. Businesses with security systems intact are less likely to have theft take place than those with none.
- Detect Criminal Behavior – With cameras, crime is less likely to occur because most criminals are deterred by security. However, if in the case it doesn’t, criminals can be caught sooner and are more likely to be identified with cameras in place.
- Preventative Measures – CCTV systems include access control systems and intruder alarm systems to alert authorities of suspicious activity. If a criminal appears at a business and notices cameras, it could prevent the crime from occurring altogether.
- Save on Insurance – If businesses invest in security systems for their property, they may be qualified to receive insurance discounts depending on their provider.
- Safeguard Staff – A business owner has the responsibility of protecting all work personnel. Installing high-tech cameras on the property can reduce liability risks and allow employees to feel comfortable and safe in the workplace.